If you have spent much time looking to buy e cigarettes on the internet, you have probably seen offers for a free trial e cigarette with a fake news or fake reviews website. Beware! These offers are a scam! Once you enter your name, address, email and phone number you are taken to a second page. The second page usually shows a special discount and asks you to pay a small amount for shipping and handling. What you need to read is the fine print.
The fine print will show you have 14 days for your trial, then you will be charged $100+. Then you are signed up for automatic refill cartridge orders of $50+ and another $10 for shipping and handling. Most of the time, the e cig starter kit doesn’t arrive until after the 14 day trail period. Even worse is when the customer doesn’t notice the charges on their credit card until after the electronic cigarette company sends the first month refills. By then it’s too late. You’re hit with over $150 of credit card charges and stuck with some of the worst quality e cigarettes you can buy.
What Can You Do?
At this point there’s only one thing to do. Start calling and emailing and snail mailing the company to cancel your automatic monthly refill subscription. More often than not, this is easier said than done. They don’t like to be easy to contact because then they are required to cancel your subscription. Some unlucky “customers” end up paying for 3 or more months of refill cartridges while they’re trying to contact the shady companies to cancel the subscription.
A lot of the scam companies are now allowing you to return your product if you contact them within a certain amount of time. They require the customer to pay shipping costs back and send the package to an address listed on their website.
The list of brands that have offered this “free trial” is long with more popping up all the time. Below you will find the list of companies and the information you need to cancel if you were unlucky enough to fall for the trap. This list may change, if you need information for a company not listed, let me know, I’ll see if I can help you out.
E Cig Scam Company and Phone List
- Direct E Cig - Phone: 1-888-217-9026
- Lux E Cigarette – Phone: 1-866-830-1281
- Prado E Cigarette - Phone: 1-877-647-3735
- VIBE E Cig - Phone: 1-800-783-8803
- Ignite ECig - Phone: 1-877-405-9014
- Smoking Everywhere - Phone: 1-800-613-0337
- VirtuSmoke - Phone: 1-866-776-0818
- Smoke Star Electronic Cigarette – Phone: 1-877-657-3244
- SmokeStick – Phone: 1-866-950-6351
- Smart Smoker - Phone: 011448007569475 (UK number)
- E-Cigs – Phone: 1-866-830-2464
- Smoke 51 - Phone: 1-888-SMOKE-51
- Smoke Assist - Phone: 1-800-505-7040
- Knight Sticks - Phone: 1-800-806-2981
- Emerald Lux Electronic Cigarette - Phone: 1-888-412-6086
- Cig Reds - Phone: 1-888-904-6733
- Green Puffer - Phone: 1-877-658-3244
- Smokeless Selects - Phone: 1-866-583-9927
- Raven E-Cigs - Phone: 1-888-470-0665
Don’t Buy From This E Cigs Company!
Don’t Give up on E Cigs!
If you are thinking about buying or already bought from one of these companies, I hope you’re not giving up on e cigarettes all together. These companies really are giving electronic cigarettes a bad name. If you’re still looking for a great e cigarette brand, we recommend you read our expert e cigarette reviews. We make our recommendations based on several categories including real user opinions. Read our Green Smoke review to see why they are our #1 ranked and best e cigarette brand.